Is McQuay a good brand?
- Yes. McQuay International was formed in 1933 in Minneapolis, USA and grew to become one of the largest and most respected HVAC companies in the USA, winning awards for designing chillers with no ozone depletion potential.
In 2006 McQuay was acquired by Daikin Industries, which is now the largest Air Conditioning company in the world.
Through the strength of this partnership, you can be assured a product of excellent quality and longevity proving to be a great investment.
What makes these units superior to cheaper units on the market?
- The fins and coils are made of copper instead of lower quality aluminum.
- The condensers come with a Gold Fin coating.
- The Auto Clean function reduces growth of harmful micro-organisms by eliminating the moisture inside of the indoor unit.
What does Gold Fin mean?
- This is the process of coating the condenser with a gold electroplate, which helps protect against corrosion and extends the life of the unit.
What type of refrigerant is used?
- R410A, which is eco-friendly and does not deplete the ozone layer.